Conferences, Symposiums, Meetings, and Other Events
Below is a list of in-person and virtual conferences, symposiums, meetings and other events for professionals in the field of psychodynamic psychoanalysis. We’ve also listed events that have been cancelled or postponed due to Covid-19.
- 8/6/2020-8/9/2020: APA Annual Convention in Washington, D.C. To get updates and be notified when registration opens, please sign up on the conference website.
- 9/4/2020-9/6/2020: India – Australia – Israel Psychoanalytic Conference: Becoming a Person. Sponsored by the Indian Psychoanalytic Association (Mumbai Chapter) and The Psychoanalytic Therapy and Research Centre. Hosted at the Hotel Marina Plaza, Mumbai, India. More information is coming soon.
- 9/11/2020 – 9/13/2020: The 8th Frances Tustin International Conference: Enlivening Autistic Withdrawals. A psychoanalytic Perspective. Sponsored by The Frances Tustin Memorial Trust and The Polish Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Hosted at the Novotel Hotel, Warsaw, Poland. For more information and to register, please visit the conference website.
- 10/2/2020-10/4/2020: Joseph Sandler Research Conference 2020: On the Dark Side. Hosted at University of Lausanne, Switzerland. More information coming soon.
- 10/23/2020-10/25/2020: Bion in Marrakech (Navigating the Unknown: Here Be Dragons). Hosted at Maison Denise Masson, Marrakech, Morocco. This event is by invitation only. For more information, please visit the conference website.
- *CANCELLED*: 40th Annual Spring Meeting Reckoning/Foresight sponsored by the Society for Psychoanalysis & Psychoanalytic Psychology Division 39 of the American Psychological Association has been postponed to the next annual meeting in 2021 in New York. Dates are actively being confirmed; should these dates not work out for registrants, please contact Heather Kennedy at email@example.com for a refund.
- *CANCELLED*: Truth in the Clinical Encounter. NIPER Sponsored AAPCSW Conference has been postponed until October 24th, 2020. To register, please visit this website.
- *CANCELLED*: 33rd Annual Conference of the European Psychoanalytical Federation: REALITIES – REALITÉS – REALITÄTEN has been postponed to the next annual conference in Nice, March 25th-29, 2021. Further information/inquiries are available on the website.
- *CANCELLED*: IPA Asia-Pacific Conference Sydney 2020 has been cancelled. The next Asia-Pacific Conference will take place in India in 2022 to celebrate the centenary of the Indian Psychoanalytical Society. Further information/inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- *CANCELLED*: SBPRP: “(Im)Permeaveis Fronteiras” in Ribeirao Preto, Brazil has been cancelled. For further information/inquiries, please visit the conference website.
- Eighth Triennial Symposium on Psychoanalysis and the Arts in Florence, Italy is postponed. The symposium is has been moved to May 2021, date yet to be defined. More information is coming soon. For further information, please visit the symposium website.
- The Symposium 2020: The Talking Cure: Past, Present and Especially Future in New York City is postponed.
- APsaA 109th Annual Meeting will be hosted online. check apsameeting.org for updates on how to participate. Registration closes on June 9th.
- 7/2/2020 – 7/5/2020: Taller creativo de lectura y escritura de ficción (Creative fiction reading and writing workshop) in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Sponsored by the IPA in Culture Committee. To register, please visit this website.
- 7/9/2020 – 7/12/2020: Workshop on Creativity in Reading and Writing Fiction. Sponsored by the IPA in Culture Committee. Hosted at the EPF House, Rue Gérard 35 1040, Etterbeek, Belgium. To register, please visit this website.
- 7/21/2021-7/24/2021: IPA 52nd Congress Vancouver in Vancouver, Canada. Call for papers opened January 8th, 2020. More information coming soon.
- IPSO Study Days postponed. More information will follow shortly. Further information/inquiries: email@example.com
- COWAP Sydney 2020 (Pre Conference Workshop to IPA Asia Pacific 2020 Conference hosted by COWAP The Committee on Women and Psychoanalysis University of Sydney) postponed. The conference will likely be rescheduled the latter half of 2020. Further information/inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IPA in the Community Congress 2020 is cancelled. Further information/inquiries: email@example.com