On this page and throughout our site, you will find a number of resources for learning more about psychodynamic psychotherapy, as well as general mental health resources for practitioners, as well as the general public. At the bottom of this page, we provide information for mental health organizations specializing in a variety of issues, as well as other links of interest within the field of psychodynamic psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and depth psychology.
Click here to learn more about psychoanalytic training institutes who are offering continuing education and training in the field. We also have resources to find more research, books and texts, film and theatre, and podcasts related to the field of psychodynamic psychotherapy. The webpage Psychoanalysis Unplugged from Psychology Today features many fantastic blog posts and articles on psychoanalysis and coping with this present moment.
Somatics, Mindfulness, Attachment Theory, and Working Through Trauma
One of the most helpful things we can do to work through trauma is to bring awareness to our bodies and their response to stimuli, work through trauma somatically, and learn practical mindfulness tools to center in the moment. We can also educate ourselves about attachment theory and bring the lens of attachment theory into working with our patients. Here are a few websites that specialize in learning somatic tools, mindfulness practices, and attachment centered approaches to healing trauma:
- A List of 15 Mindfulness and Meditation apps with reviews and affiliate links
- Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning Experience (DARe) –Somatic Adult Attachment workshops for therapists and healers including live training and certificate programs
- Getting Started with Mindfulness
- Mindfulness for Mental Health from the University of Minnesota
- Laying a Foundation for Trauma Processing
- Phases of Trauma Recovery developed by the Manitoba Trauma Information and Education Centre (MTIEC)
- Somatics and Trauma Courses from Generative Somatics
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute Resource Page
- The Face of Childhood Emotional Neglect (CEN) from PsychCentral
- The Power of Mindfulness for Your Mental Health from Rogers Behavioral Health
- Trauma Informed Care and Why it Matters
- UCLa Mindfulness App
- Webpage for The PACT Institute which does professional training focused around the fusion of attachment theory, developmental neuroscience, and arousal regulation. These trainings are intended for licensed and pre-licensed marriage and family therapists, social workers, counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists
- What is Attachment Theory?
- What is Somatics?
Mental Health Organizations
General Mental Health Information
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Other Links of Interest
- Apres-Coup Psychoanalytic Association
- C.G. Jung Page— Reflections on psychology, culture, and life.
- Freud Museum, London— The Freud Museum was the hoe of Sigmund Freud and his family when they escaped Nazi annexation of Austria in 1938. See Freud’s library and study, preserved just as it was during his lifetime.
- International Psychoanalysis— A Psychoanalytic slant on the world, connected with the American Psychoanalytic Foundation and Dr. Arnold Richards.
- Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing
- The Psychoanalytic Experience— An anthology of voices from the client’s perspective.
- The Sigmund Freud Archives